The Europa-Universität Flensburg (EUF) has joined Microsoft's "Office 365 Education" programme. With this program, all students and full-time employees of the EUF can receive the current version of Microsoft Office free of charge for use on private devices.
With Office 365 Pro Plus, students and full-time employees of the EUF can always install and use the latest version of Microsoft Office on their private PC, notebook, Mac and/or tablet (including iPad) and a corresponding smartphone. In total, Microsoft Office can be installed on up to five private PCs or Macs as well as on five other private mobile devices such as Windows/Android tablets or iPads.
- The use of this service is optional.
- The offer is limited to the following "Office Pro Plus" products:
Products vary depending on the device used (computer, tablet, mobile phone)
- For data protection reasons, cloud functions such as "OneDrive for Business", "Office Online" and "Yammer" are not part of the free EUF package.
- The offer is only valid for students and full-time employees of the EUF.
- The use is intended for personal devices - not for work devices. Official devices are equipped with Microsoft Office by ZIMT-Servicedesk.
- The right to use Office 365 Pro Plus expires as soon as you no longer study at the EUF or are employed at the EUF.
- When you register, you enter into a corresponding contract with Microsoft. Please note the End User License Agreement (EULA), which you have to confirm when downloading.
- In addition to Microsoft Office, there are other Office products from other manufacturers, some of which are free of charge. The decision which product you want to use is up to you.
Support is provided directly by Microsoft. Users of Office 365 (i.e. students and full-time staff of the EUF) can contact the Answer Helpdesk team:
- The helpline is: 01806 672255 (information on telephone charges)
- Further information, contact options and a free callback service can be found on the Answer Helpdesk Team information pages.
Support provided by the ZIMT-Servicedesk is not possible.
Step 1: Get informed
- for example here
Step 2: Decide voluntarily for Office 365
Step 3: Register
Step 4: Install the software
- Log-in > Download > Install the software > use Office 365
Step 5: Uninstall Office again
- if you are no longer studying or working at the EUF
Yes, "Office 365" is completely free of charge for students and full-time employees of the Europa-Universität Flensburg.
In purely legal terms: Please note, however, that you must conclude a user contract with Microsoft, not with the EUF. This does not change the fact that the package is completely free of charge. However, it means that your contact person is not the university, but Microsoft.
Yes, you can also install Office 365 on up to 5 private Android or iOS devices.
The procedure is as follows:
- Launch Google Play Store or Apple Store on your mobile device
- search for an individual program from the Microsoft Office product range (e.g. Word, Excel or PowerPoint)
- install the found app (e.g. Microsoft Word) on the mobile device as usual
- after installation, click on "Login" within the app
- log in with your university e-mail address and the Microsoft-password you set during registration to unlock the full scope of functions
ZIMT cannot offer support for private devices (incl. Office 365). But you can contact the Answer Helpdesk Team of Microsoft directly:
Microsoft products delivered in the "Office 365" package of the Europa-Universität Flensburg can all be used offline. This means you install them as usual on your private device, for example your notebook, after downloading them. From then on you can use the office products as long as you are studying or employed at the university.
All included "Office 365" products like Word, PowerPoint and Excel behave like "normal" software. With the difference that you always have free access to the latest program versions and don't have to buy them separately.
No. For privacy reasons, cloud functions such as "OneDrive for Business", "Office Online" and "Yammer" are not part of the free EUF package.
No, definitely not. You must remove Office 365 from all devices on which you have installed it before, as soon as you have been deregistered or are no longer employed full-time at the Europa-Universität Flensburg.
In this case, you must perform the following steps:
- On the login page (https://login.microsoftonline.com/) auf Forgot my password (Screenshot 1)
- On the Microsoft Online Password Reset page, enter the email-adress (usually automatically filled) and the captcha, and then click Next (Screenshot 2)
- Click contact an administrator in your organization (Screenshot 3)
In order to gain an insight into the functionality of the new Office products, Microsoft provides so-called quick start guides: