Europa-Universität Flensburg provides staff with a modern email service and uses Microsoft Exchange (Outlook) as its standard program.
All employees receive an email address with the following format:
Convenient access to emails, contacts, and appointments
Microsoft Exchange (or Outlook) makes it easy to send and receive emails, to keep calendars, note appointments, save contacts, etc. :
- At Work: via Outlook client (pre-installed and configurated by ZIMT)
- On the Internet: worldwide via Outlook Web App (OWA)
- On a mobile device: worldwide via Exchange ActiveSync
- On a home PC: via Outlook Anywhere
At Work (via Outlook client).
ZIMT sets up access to your mailbox via Outlook Client on your IT-workplace.
Your Uni PC/laptop is then configured/ready for use.
On the Internet (via web client).
Outlook Web Client OWA (Outlook Web Access) provides you with worldwide access to your mailbox.
You can connect to the Web Client OWA
- via the home page -> quick access -> Webmail
- via the home page -> in the blue footer -> Webmail
- by bookmarking the following website on your Internet browser: Webmail
On a mobile device (mobile phone/tablet)
Easy access to your e-mail/calendars and appointments is possible on many mobile devices via ActiveSync. You can find a guide for configuring various mobile phones/tablets under tab "documentation/instructions".
On your home computer
On your home computer or laptop, there are various options to access your mailbox:
- via the Web Client (see "On the Internet" above)
- via the Outlook client (in Outlook Anywhere mode)
- via your preferred e-mail client
For instructions, see the tab "documentation/instructions"
Rules of conduct in dealing with spam e-mails
To retrieve emails, you have several options:
- Outlook Clientfor staff
- Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Outlook Anywhere (via installation on an external device such as smartphone, tablet, laptop).
Learn more about email retrieval options (in German only):
Outlook allows you to share your own calendar with other users.
Learn more about calendar sharing (in German only):
Outlook allows you to share email folders with other users.
Learn more about sharing email folders (German only):
Outlook identifies some emails as junk, thus immediately sorting them into an appropriate folder.
Learn more about how to keep files from known senders out of your junk folder (in German only):
I created several Outlook accounts (email addresses). How can I write using these different addresses?
Learn more about writing from different addresses when you have multiple accounts (in German only):
You can use bcc (blind carbon copy) to ensure that no one who receives a group email can see who else has received it.
Learn more about how to insert and use the bcc field (in German only):
Outlook allows you to set up automatic email replies.
Learn more about activating automatic email replies (in German only):
In Outlook, archiving involves removing data from an email account into a separate file. The emails are removed from the account and moved to a location you specify.
Learn more about archiving Outlook accounts (in German only):
Outlook address book sorts my contacts by first name. How do I change the list to sort by last name?
Send files via EUFbox
What is EUFbox?
EUFbox allows you to send large attachments (>10 MB for individual students or >2MB for groups of students*) via a "share files" link that you create. Students use the link to download files, thus bypassing the data size limits on their student accounts.
EUFbox can also be used to send large files to non-EUF recipients.
*This size limit does not apply to attachments sent to EUF staff. For internal emails, attachments can be up to 20MB.
File sharing: 5 steps
- Apply for an EUFbox account (if you have not already done so) by sending a simple email to: eufbox-admin-PleaseRemoveIncludingDashesemail@example.com
- Go to https://eufbox.uni-flensburg.de .
- Log in using your regular access data.
- Upload the files you want to share and then create a share link.
- Give students the share link and any password you may have set.
- +49 461 805 2878
- +49 461 805 95 2878
- Gebäude Helsinki
- HEL 333
- Auf dem Campus 1a
- Post code / City
- 24943 Flensburg