Are you studying at one of our partner universities, or would like to spend one or two semesters at Europa-Universität Flensburg as an exchange student with the Erasmus+ program?
Below you will find all information you need about applying to EUF, deadlines, date, and available courses.
Before you can apply to study as an exchange student at Europa-Universität Flensburg, your home university has to nominate you. As soon as the International Center has received your official nomination, you will receive a link to the online application for exchange students.
In the online application portal, please submit digital copies of the following documents:
- Your application form
- Letter of motivation in English or German (approximately one page) (as a PDF)
- Proof of academic achievement (as a PDF)
- Language certificate (as a PDF) for English or German, showing that you have language skills at the B2 level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), or the equivalent (such as test results for the TOEFL IBT with a minimum score of 78 points), or a certificate from the language center at your home university. Students whose native language is English or German do not need to submit a language certificate.
- Copy of health insurance certificate in English or German (as a PDF; this document is optional at the time of application)
- Proof of enrollment at your home university (as a PDF)
- Passport photo (as a JPG)
You only need to submit the documents digitally. It is not necessary to send a hard copy of your application documents by postal mail to Europa-Universität Flensburg.
Deadlines for International Exchange Students
Europa-Universität Flensburg has an open-door policy. This means that students can take courses in different degree programs with the approval of the course lecturer.
Good to Know:
- Many degree programs offer interdisciplinary courses that are open to foreign exchange students. Thus, it is worth checking the course listings for each individual degree program.
- The course "German Academic Culture" (listedunder "Language Courses") is mandatory for all exchange students.
Europa-Universität Flensburg follows the ECTS system. An average course load has 30 credit points per semester. Student performance is usually evaluated with a grade.
If you need advice or if you have any questions, please contact:
Lucila Morales de MittagMBA
- +49 461 805 2776
- Gebäude Helsinki
- HEL 031
- Auf dem Campus 1a
- Post code / City
- 24943 Flensburg