Junge Frau am Flughafen, die sich die Start- und Landebahn anschaut.
Junge Frau am Flughafen, die sich die Start- und Landebahn anschaut.

Departing From Flensburg

Are your studies at Europa Universität Flensburg coming to an end? In the sections below, you’ll find an overview of the most important things you need to do before you leave.


Withdrawing From Your Studies at EUF

Students who wish to discontinue their studies at Europa-Universität Flensburg or who have already completed their studies at EUF must submit a withdrawal request. Together with the official withdrawal application, you need to submit a certificate from the Central University Library (Entlastungsschein) stating that you have returned all borrowed media and paid any outstanding fees.

Before you can cancel your German health insurance and enroll at another German university, your withdrawal from study at EUF is required.

On the application form, exchange students must indicate "9 (Other reasons: exchange student)" under the item "Grund der Entlassung/Reason for withdrawing."

Go to withdrawal information

Certificate of Departure & Grades Overview

Certificate of Departure and Grades Overview for Exchange Students

Erasmus+ exchange students receive a document from their home university stating the length of their stay at Europa-Universität Flensburg. This "Letter of Confirmation" or "Certificate of Stay" must be signed by a responsible staff member of the International Center.

The International Center prepares a transcript of records for all exchange students after they return home, certifying the completed coursework and credits received at Europa-Universität Flensburg.

Deregistration at the City Hall

Canceling Your Registration as a Local Resident

If you move out of Flensburg and do not move into a new apartment in Germany, you must de-register your local residency in the citizens’ office (Bürgerbüro) at Flensburg city hall within two weeks of moving out. De-registration is only necessary if you are moving abroad. You can do this in advance, but no earlier than one week before moving out. You can also de-register electronically.

The de-registration form and further information can be found in the citizens' office of the city of Flensburg.

Go to the Flensburg Citizens’ Office/Bürgerbüro

Bank Account

Bank Account

If you want to cancel your German bank account, make sure that all payments (for example, your rent to the Studentenwerk, the public broadcasting fee, and Internet/telephone costs) have been paid. You can also arrange with your bank to keep it open after your departure until a certain date.

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

To cancel your German health insurance, you have to submit your certificate of withdrawal from studies at EUF.

Moving Out

Moving Out of Your Residence

If you live in a student dormitory, you will need to set up an appointment with the apartment or dorm caretaker to check the space and formally hand it over at least one week before you move out.  You can find more information about moving out and housing deposit refunds in the FAQson the website of the student union (Studentenwerk /Association for Student Affairs).

Go to the Studentenwerk website



If you have any other contracts (for example, gym membeships or mobile phone contracts), you need to cancel them in good time before your departure.