- +49 461 805 3028
- +49 461 805 953028
- Gebäude Vilnius 1
- VIL 112
- Auf dem Campus 1c
- Post code / City
- 24943 Flensburg
- Developing Countries
- Industrial Countries
|222002j||Environmental Economics||Vorlesung||Autumn semester 2023|
After successfully graduating from high school in 2007, Marina Blohm studied energy and environmental management (industrial engineering) at Flensburg University of Applied Sciences and the Europa-Universität Flensburg. As part of her Bachelor's degree, she spent a semester abroad at the Université de Nantes at the IUT in Saint-Nazaire and, in addition to gaining economic knowledge in the field of logistics, also acquired fundamental knowledge in French. She completed the following internship semester at the company PNE Wind AG in the field of project development of onshore wind farms in Germany. Following this, she wrote her Bachelor thesis on the topic of "Repowering of wind turbines in Germany".
She used her Master thesis "Increasing the attractiveness of public bus transport for commuters in the municipality of Sonderborg" at ProjectZero in Sonderborg, Denmark, to expand her knowledge on everyday mobility needs and develop solution strategies for the municipality.
From 2012 to early 2016, Marina Blohm was a project developer for wind farms at WKN AG. During this time, she gained intensive experience in the implementation of wind farm projects on a local level. Intensive communication with local residents and decision-maker about needs and fears was, besides good project management, her basis for the successful implementation of several wind farms.
Since March 2016, she has been working at the Europa-Universität Flensburg as a research assistant in the field of energy and environmental management. Until 2019, she worked on the research project MENA Select. The focus of her work was the creation of energy scenarios for countries in the MENA region up to the year 2050 with the help of participatory workshops in the research countries, among other things. Since 2018, Marina is a PhD-Student working on the energy transition in the MENA region with a focus on Morocco and Jordan. Questions of how country of the global south, such as countries of the MENA region, can benefit most from the energy transition are in the center of her work. Additionally, Marina’s research focus was extended to the development of sustainability criteria for the production of green hydrogen during the last year.
- Blohm, Marina, Dettner, Franziska, External cost of air pollution from energy generation in Morocco. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Transition, Volume 1, August 2021, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rset.2021.100002.
- Blohm, M. An Enabling Framework to Support the Sustainable Energy Transition at the National Level. Sustainability 2021, 13, 3834. doi:10.3390/su13073834
- Zelt, Ole, Krüger, Christine, Blohm, Marina, Bohm, Sönke, Far, Shahrazad (2019). Long-term electricity scenarios for the MENA region: Assessing the preferences of local stakeholders using multi-criteria analysis.
Energies 2019, 12(16), 3046; doi.org/10.3390/en12163046
- Schinko, Thomas, Bohm, Sönke, Komendantova, Nadejda, Jamea, El Mostafa, Blohm, Marina (2019). Morocco's sustainable energy transition and the role of financing costs: a participatory electricity system modeling approach. Energy, Sustainability and Society 9 (1): 1-17. DOI:10.1186/s13705-018-0186-8.
- Amroune, Sarra, Blohm, Marina, Bohm, Sönke, Far, Shahrazad, Zelt, Ole (2018). Summary of workshop results: Scenario development and multi-criteria analysis for Tunisia's future electricity system in 2050. edited by Heike Webb. Bonn: BICC
- Amroune, Sarra, Blohm, Marina, Bohm, Sönke, Komendantova, Nadejda, Soukoup, Ole (2018). Summary of workshop results: Scenario development and multi-criteria analysis for Jordan's future electricity system in 2050. edited by Heike Webb. Bonn: BICC.
- Berg, Marina, Bohm Sönke, Fink, Thomas, Hauser, Muriel, Komendantova, Nadejda, Soukup, Ole (2016). Summary of workshop results: Scenario development and multi-criteria analysis for Morocco’s future electricity system in 2050. edited by Heike Webb. Bonn: BICC.
- Berg, Marina. (2012). Attraktivitätssteigerung des öffentlichen Busverkehrs für Pendler in der Kommune Sonderburg. Masterthesis, Project Zero.
- Berg, Marina. (2011). Repowering von Windenergieanlagen in Deutschland. Bachelorthesis, PNE Wind AG.