Application and admission
This page will provide you with the necessary information about the general requirements, as well as language requirements for getting accepted to M.A. European Studies at the Europa Universität Flensburg. Please also fin information about deadline and the application procedure. If you have any questions, please consult frequently asked questions, as your answer might already be there.
The conditions for admission to the master’s programme for European Studies with the qualification M.A. are:
- From an institution of higher education in Germany or abroad.
- With at least three-years of study (equivalent to at least 180 Credit Points).
- In a field that is relevant to the Master in European Studies such as politics, law, sociology, economics, cultural sciences, etc.
- The applicant is expected to have completed that course of study as one of the best third of his /her/their class.
- Research methods
If you have any questions in this regard, please feel free to contact us: admissions.eus-PleaseRemoveIncludingDashesemail@example.com.
German applicants who intend to change from the old academic system of Magister, Diplom, or Staatsexamen to the new master system can apply if what they achieved during their previous studies is equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
For more detailed admission requirements, please refer to §2 of the Rules and Regulations (Statutes)
- Exam regulations / German version (legally valid)
- Exam regulations / English version
Please be aware that the German version is the legally binding version, while the English one is provided for better comprehension purposes (for those who do not speak German).
Adequate proficiency in spoken and written English
Please submit one of the following proofs of English language proficiency:
Please submit a school leaving certificate from an English-speaking school entitling the holder to admission to higher education.
Please submit a proof of the completion of an undergraduate degree programme of at least 180 credit points, in which the language of teaching and examination is 100% English. Please note: having studied in a language programme or having been part of an (Erasmus) exchange in an English-speaking country does not exempt you from providing an official English-language proficiency test!
Please note: only original tests send by the test centre are accepted.
- TOEFL iBT – TOEFL iBT – Internet-Based Testing or Home Edition: min. score 94 points (institutional code 8512, department code 80 "Other Social Sciences"
- IELTS Academic: min. band score: 7.0
- Cambridge English:
- Advanced (CAE): min. Grade C; min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180
- Proficiency (CPE): min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180
- TOEIC (proof of all four skills):
- Speaking: min. 180 points
- Writing: min. 180 points
- Listening: min. 490 points
- Reading: min. 455 points
Please keep in mind that a language certificate is only valid for two years!
Please ensure that the test centre does not use the translated name of the university! It must be Europa-Universität Flensburg!
How to apply and deadline
Application and deadlines
Please follow this link in order to find out all the necessary information about how to apply for the M.A. European Studies, as well as about the deadlines.
Frequently ask questions (FAQ)
2 years (4 semesters)
The M.A. European Studies only starts in the fall semester every year.
For detailed semester dates, please refer to the Europa-Universität Flensburg page.
100% English. Knowledge of the German language is not required.
Europa-Universität Flensburg does not charge tuition fees. The only charges that apply are an administrative fee of 241,00 Euro per semester and an inscription fee of 25 Euro for the initial registration.
More detailed information about fees are provided by our student services.
Please refer to the International Centre website for information about available scholarships (mostly from external sources). Please note that the university does not offer any scholarships to incoming students.
Please visit the main webpage: Europa-Universität Flensburg to find more detailed information about the University, its study programme's and other interesting facts.
Take a look at the International Centre website for further information on finding a job in Flensburg or Contact our CampusENGEL for assistance and guidance.