Bild von einem Bafög-Antrag, der ausgefüllt wird
Bild von einem Bafög-Antrag, der ausgefüllt wird


A qualified education should not fail due to a lack of financial means.

Regardless of your social and economic situation, you should have the opportunity to complete an education that matches your abilities and interests.

BAföG to support studies at the European University of Flensburg can be applied for at the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein.

Information and advice

You must apply for educational support according to the BAföG law at the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein, which is also responsible for advising on BAföG issues:

Information on BAföG is provided by the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein and the Ministry of Education and Research (Ministerium für Bildung und Forschung).

The Studentenwerk maintains a branch office in the Telekom building, Eckernförder Landstraße 65, Flensburg, which offers BAföG counseling twice a week. You can also inquire directly with the person responsible for you or at the main office in Kiel, Tel. 0431/8816-0.

In addition, the AStA of the European University of Flensburg offers BAföG and social counseling.


If you receive BAföG, you have to prove after a few semesters of study that you are studying properly in order to continue receiving funding.
You can obtain the required certificate for continued support under the "Bundesbildungsförderungsgesetz" (usually after you have successfully completed the 4th semester) from the following contact people, upon proof of the required achievements and the certificate of achievement (§ 48 BAföG):

Students at Institute for Management and Economic Education:

  • Please hand in the corresponding application form to Karin Drenkow. Alternatively, you can send the form to Ms. Drenkow by in-house mail (mail room in the OSLO building).

Students at Educational Science:

Please contact

European Cultures and Society students:

In justified exceptional cases you can also contact Dr. Jutta Zaremba.

Application forms for BAföG 


In order to receive further funding according to §48 BAföG, you have to present your current CP-Level (CP Creditpoint). Therefore, please bring your Transcript of Records with you to the office, or send it as a PDF in case of e-mail inquiries to the staff members mentioned above.

There are various requirements for the different degree programs. For the BA Educational Science (PO 2015 and PO 2020) the CP regulation is as follows:

Semester Number of CP to be achieved in the
three partial courses/subjects
Total number of CP to be achieved

Subject I: 28

Subject II: 28

Educational Science: 28


Subject I: 35

Subject II: 35

Educational Science: 35


Subject I: 45

Subject II: 45

Educational Science: 45


If the number of CP to be achieved is not clear from your CP-Level, please have the following form signed by the relevant department: Certificate for the application for further funding