Established in 2013 by the Higher Education Act of the state of Schleswig-Holstein, the University Council is still a young governing body. The five-member council includes prominent figures from academia, business and society at large. With its expertise, the University Council is meant to support and guide the university and its development.
The University Council acts in an advisory capacity and has supervisory and monitoring responsibilities which are defined in the Higher Education Act (§ 19 HSG). It gives its opinion on strategic decisions such as the creation of new degree programs, the budget, and the achievement of target and performance agreements. The University Council also makes recommendations concerning the university's profile and the focus of its research and teaching.
No events have been found.
The EUF Senate elects four honorary members of the University Council, who then independently elect a fifth member to act as the Council Chair. Council members serve for four years and are officially appointed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the State of Schleswig-Holstein. The Council reports on its activities to the Senate and the Ministry at least every two years.
The Europa Prize of Europa-Universität Flensburg was founded on the initiative of the University Council. Awarded for the first time in 2018, the prize honors people who are committed to a strong and democratic Europe. To fund the award, members of the University Council donate the money from their own expense allowances.
Do not hesitate to contact the University Council via hochschulrat-PleaseRemoveIncludingDashesfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the university council
Responsibilities of the university council
In accordance with § 19.1 of the HSG (Higher Education Act) of February 5, 2016, the University Council has the following responsibilities:
- To make decisions when called upon by the Chancellor
- To comment on the drafting of the constitution
- To reach a consensus with the Senate on constitutional statutes concerning quality assurance (§ 5 .3)
- To give recommendations with regard to the university's profile, research and teaching focal areas, and the structure of its course offerings
- To comment on the budget
- To reach a consensus with the Senate on the university's structural and developmental planning
- To reach a consensus with the Senate on the guiding principles and associated statutes on the allocation of financial and material resources and on staffing issues, especially faculty salaries and the signing of salary agreements with Executive University Board members (excluding the President)
- To advise on the creation of degree programs
- To advise on the report of the Executive University Board, and especially the President's reports on quality assurance measures
- To comment on target and performance agreements before they are signed
The University Council submits an accountability report every two years. In the report, members explain how the Council has fulfilled its responsibilities.
Administrative Manager to the University Council | Personal Assistant to the President | Strategic Projects
- +49 461 805 2815
- Gebäude Dublin
- DUB 211
- Campusallee 3
- Post code / City
- 24943 Flensburg