Who can apply?
You can apply for a place in the ProRef Program if you:
Have a refugee background
As proof you need one of the following residence statuses:
- Proof of arrival (Ankunftsnachweis)
- Temporary resident permit (Aufenthaltsgestattung)
- Degree of tolerance (Duldung)
- Residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis)
Obtained a university entrance certificate (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung)
- School-leaving certificate that entitles you to higher education studies in Germany; equivalent to the German "Abitur" (original/certified copy with certified translation into German or English)
- If available: a certificate of study (original BA- or MA-Transcript or certificate/certified copy with certified translation into German or English)
To check whether your secondary school degree is recognised in Germany and whether you fulfil the admission requirements, you can use the.
Missing leaving certificates
If you have graduated from school or university, but are unable to provide your educational certificates, the EUF offers a study aptitude test . Prior to this test, a plausibility interview takes place during an interview at the EUF - only then can the TestAS be taken. Please contact us beforehand by e-mail at: . The next TestAS will take place on June 6, 2020.
Have language skills in German or English at level B1 or higher
Proven language skills atin German or English.
Missing language certificates
If you are missing a language certificate you can take the language placement test in German and/or English.
The next dates are:
- April 01, 2020: onSET between 10 am and 4 pm
- April 28, 2020: onSET between 10 am and 4 pm
- May 20, 2020: onSET between 10 am and 4 pm
- June 16, 2020: onSET between 10 am and 6 pm
- July 15, 2020: onSET between 10 am and 6 pm
Please register beforehand by e-mail at
want to study after the end of the program.
- Please find out more about the at the EUF.
- If the prerequisites are met, there is the option of pursuing a .
The university strives for a balanced gender relation in all language courses. The EUF particularly welcomes applications from qualified women.
Check list: what do I need for an application?
Applications for the ProRef Programme with start in Summer are possible from February, 1st 2020.