High-ranking delegation from the University of Limerick visits EUF
The possibilities for deepening cooperation were the subject of the visit of a high-ranking delegation from the University of Limerick to the EUF. From Monday to Thursday, Prof. Dr. Kerstin Mey, President of UL, Prof. Dr. Nigel Healey, Vice President for Global and Community Engagement, Prof. Dr. Gisela Holfter, Director of the Centre for Irish-German Studies, Prof. Dr. Joachim Fischer, Director of the Centre for European Studies, Andreas Deverall, Head of Future and Foresight and Josephine Page, Head of UL Global, held discussions at EUF on how to further develop the strategic partnership.
"The two universities have many similarities," explained Prof. Dr Werner Reinhart. "They are both relatively young universities and are both strong in teacher education, in European education and in sustainability."
In the discussions with members of the presidium as well as academic scholars, the following points, among others, were addressed:
- The joint possibilities for increasing mobility in the teacher training programme
- Stronger cooperation between the Master's programme "Culture - Language - Media" (KSM) and the Centre for Irish-German Studies.
- In general, a stronger exploration of cooperation in the area of sustainability/Green Campus
- A deepening of cooperation in the area of the European consortium EMERGE ("European Margins Engaging For Regional And Global Empowerment")
- The organisation of a joint conference on the future direction of "European Studies".