From the subject-didactic point of view, there are two research formats in the focus of our interest. In the alignment of our teaching and learning research towards real effects in teaching practice we understand technology-didactic research as development research. In the more recent past as well as in research focuses planned for the near future likewise, we pursue a modification of the teaching and learning theories through the further development of learning environments for technical lessons in all types of school and the development of technically intending educational scenarios for the leisure segment of children and adolescents. In this context, the correlations between the external and internal factors of educational processes and their consequential relationships are the focus of our scientific interest. In particular, this context involves the effectiveness research as the second format of our technology-didactic research interest in a virtually inevitable manner.
In the past years, the work for the development, evaluation and educational implementation of modern media systems in technical lessons of general educational value with their objectives and the related influence on educational contents, methods and the use of media was the starting point. In particular, teaching and learning media - if they initiate and support an independent and cooperative learning behavior - can make a significant contribution to the skills development of future generations of the German technology location. In our opinion, they can be teaching media and/or educational content likewise, even though in a different target function. For coping with this double representation they have to be seen in their correlations and in the context with any other planning factors and used in a learner-related and targeted manner.
This, in turn, requires major external conditions, such as the relevant personnel as well as material teaching conditions, but even the teacher´s educational, psychological, didactic and subject-specific competence.
It is here where our idea of an extracurricular place of learning applies.
- the idea and development of a learning technology laboratory in Flensburg as an extracurricular place of learning for school students, teachers and parents
- the development of future-oriented learning approaches and relevant media systems for technical education
- the initiation and implementation of cross-border learning projects for technology at Europa-Universität Flensburg located close to the border
- the pooling and exploitation of the potentials of the region and the business location of Flensburg and its resources for a contemporary technical education for young people
- the career guidance for the young generation in an engineered world