Admission Requirements for the Master of Arts "Kultur - Sprache - Medien" are:
- A first degree (e.g. Bachelor, Magister, Diplom, Staatsexamen) from a university in Germany or abroad, in a three-year (or longer) degree program in one of the following subjects: English Studies/American Studies (English), Scandinavian Studies (Danish), German Studies (German), Romance Studies (French, Spanish), Cultural Studies, Media Studies, Art or Textiles, as well as at least 60 credit points obtained in comparable courses studied in at least one of the following focus areas present in the Master of Arts program in Culture-Language-Media: Literary Studies, Linguistics, Cultural Studies, Media Studies, Art/Visual Culture
- A degree from the EUF bachelor's program in European Cultures and Societies (EUCS)
- A degree in a bachelor's program in Kultur- und Sprachmittler (Cultural and Linguistic Intermediation) within the framework of the German-Danish cooperation between Syddansk Universitet and Europa-Universität Flensburg
Additionally, applicants must also provide proof of sufficient knowledge of English and German showing a language proficiency level of C1 level in one of these two languages, and B2 in the other.
The admissibility and recognition of language certificates, as well as decisions about exceptions and borderline cases regarding program admissions will be decided on by the Admissions Committee.
Applicants who cannot submit a university degree as mentioned under (1) and/or proof of language proficiency as mentioned under (2) by the application deadline may be admitted into the program on the condition that they submit the missing proof by the beginning of lecture period in the semester for which they enrolled. There will be no deadline extensions.
You can prove that you have sufficient knowledge of the German language providing one of the following: a German-language school-leaving certificate (e.g., Abitur), a degree from a German-taught degree program, or a certificate of German language proficiency. The certificate presented as proof of German language proficiency must have been issued at most 2 years before first day of the semester for which you are applying. The program accepts the following documents as proof of German language proficiency:
- TestDaF TND Level 4 (level 4 in all test sections)
- Goethe Certificate C1
- DSH 2 (≥67%): C1
- DSD II: Level C1
- TELC (telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule)
- German Language Diploma of the KMK - Second Level
- Aptitude text certificate (Feststellungsprüfung).
- Goethe-Institut"Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom" and "Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom," plus the "Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung" (ZOP) certificate
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung II (German Language Examination II) issued by the Sprachen- und Dolmetscher-Institut München (Munich Language and Interpreting Institute)
- TestDaF TND Level 4
- Goethe Certificate B2
- DSH 1 (≥57%): level B2
- DSD 2: Level B2
- TELC B2
The admissibility of any certificates not listed above as acceptable equivalents for those certificates will be decided on by the Admissions Committee
You can prove that you have sufficient knowledge of the English language providing one of the following English-language high school diploma, a degree from an English-taught degree program, or a certificate of English language proficiency. The certificate presented as proof of English language proficiency must have been issued at most 2 years before the first day of the semester for which you are applying. The program accepts the following documents as proof of English language proficiency:
- TELC Level C1
- TOEFL iBT - Internet-Based Testing: at least 94 points
- TOFL ITB Level C1
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System): Band Score at least 7.0
- Cambridge English:
- Advanced (CAE): min. Grade C; min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180
- Proficiency (CPE): min. score on Cambridge English Scale: 180
- TELC Level B2
- TOEFL iBT - Internet-Based Testing: min. score 70
- TOEFL ITP Level B2
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System): Band Score 6, 5
- Cambridge English: FCE (First Certificate in English): Grade B
The admissibility of any certificates not listed above as acceptable equivalents for those certificates will be decided on by the Admissions Committee.
Read the important information about this study-program. It can be found linked on the main KSM webpage, as well as here. See the information about the application procedure at EUF here.
Read and print the Application Instructions for the study-program. This form can be found here under "Bewerbungsmerkblätter Master" with the file name "M.A. Kultur - Sprache - Medien".
The application to this study-program is conducted online. In order to start your online-application, click here.
IMPORTANT: only online-application forms filled in within the application period are considered valid. In case that link does not work, you can also find the application website via the "application process" tab on the KSM application requirements page.
From there, you will be redirected to an online form. On the top left-hand side of that page you will find a small flag representing the idioms in which the form is available: German and English.
Fill in all the required fields accurately and follow the instructions on each of the 15 steps of the application. (See our detailed step-by-step guide to the online application form.)
It is highly recommended to save the PDF file before printing to avoid any loss of information!
Completion of the online application form is just the first step in the application process. Carefully fill in the form "Bewerbungsmerkblatt für den Studiengang Master of Arts / Kultur-Sprache-Medien" (See "Bewerbungsmerkblätter Master" again) - this document reiterates what other required documents should be submitted together with the printed online application form to the Admissions Office by the application deadline.
Make sure that all your documents are either in German or in English and duly notarized, where required.
Send those documents per post or deliver them personally. Please pay attention to the fact that all documents need to be either in German or in English. Otherwise, the documents need to be translated into one of these two languages and then notarized.
Where to send the documents:
Auf dem Campus 1
Carefully save the login information that you will receive at the end of the online application procedure. This information is important to closely follow the status of your application. Use the link provided to check if your application has been received and whether it is complete or whether any documents are missing. Please note that any missing documents must be submitted before the application deadline. It is therefore advisable that applicants submit any missing documents as quickly as possible.
Step by step guide to the online application form
For questions related to the application procedure, feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org