How to cover the costs?

DAAD scholarship-holders

There are a limited number of scholarships offered by  the German Academic Exchange service (DAAD) available within the programme "Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries". Please check the DAAD website for more detailed information. You can also download application forms from this website.

If you want to apply for a DAAD scholarship along with your application for the course you have to do that one and a half years before the course begins at the university (deadlines). Application forms can be downloaded here.

DAAD scholarship holders in our programme are expected to finance the flight to Germany and the first month of their stay in Germany from their own funds.

Other scholarships

There are a number of scholarship organizations who occasionally award scholarships for our programme. You find addresses of other scholarship organisations here.

Self-financing students

When you apply for a student visa at the German Embassy in your country you will have to prove that you have sufficient funds to live in Germany. Please contact the German Embassy soon after you have received the admission to the programme. An official statement of financial coverage of 11.208,- € (blocked account) for the first year is required. 

If you enter with a blocked account you need to calculate with additional costs of 100,- € to extend your resident permit.

Please be aware that in a small town like Flensburg it is difficult for students to find jobs to finance their studies. Therefore you should not rely on this option.


As we have to book rooms for you in the student halls of residence or elsewhere we will charge a security deposit of  850 Euro to be paid to the University account before you travel to Germany.  A possible balance will be reimbursed to you after your arrival. 

All students are expected to pay a deposit of 1800 Euro on top. This deposit will be used to pay for the cost of the International Class and for part of the cost for excursions. We will account for the expenditure before you complete your studies and return the balance if applicable.