How do I apply?
1. Check the application deadlines.
2. Fill in the online-application form below for intake 2024, submit it per e-mail as instructed by latest 31st July.
Important! First, please save the form on your Computer. Then use Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to open the form and fill it in. Other Pdf readers may not work. Do not fill in the form before saving a copy to your computer!
Please note that data in the form cannot be saved by Acrobat Reader, and that the function buttons only work in the offline file.
Before submitting, please save a local copy for your record by clicking "Print Form".
Then submit the completed form using the "Submit by Email" button. Please note that this mail just sends the content of the form, which is our preferred format.
- For DAAD applicants: the DAAD-website explaining which documents have to be submitted for an application to a scholarship for an EPOS degree programme can be found here:
- Important: Make sure that all application documenta including the signed registration form are sent in one pdf.
- For self finance applicants: After submitting the application form by pushing the button "submit by e-mail", print the form, sign it and keep this signed form in hand because you will be required to send it again as scanned copy together with the application documents as per the following point 3.
3. Following documents have to be sent in one pdf in the order mentioned below:
- signed application form(Ensure this is at the beginning of your pdf)
- Personally signed Curriculum vitale with current date. (use the template provided on this website)
- Bachelor-certificate (or equivalent university degree) of a study of 4-years duration in engineering (certified copy) in English translation
- Transcripts/Records of the study of 4-years duration with information about the grading system (certified copy) in English translation
- Written proof of 2-years work experience
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (approx. 1000 words) explaining your personal expectations and motivation to study Energy and Environmental Management. Reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s).
- 2 Recommendations with letterhead, stamp, date and signature (1 professional and 1 academic)
- Language proof: TOEFL iBT (minimum score: 80), IELTS (minimum Band 6 in all categories) or Cambridge FCE. Note: A certificate that English was language of instruction is not sufficient for admission. Native speakers of English are exempted.
- For scholarship: DAAD application and signed DAAD checklist.
All listed documents are compulsory! Applications without these documents - observe letterhead, stamp and signature - or with incomplete attachments cannot be considered and will not be processed!
4. Send your pdf of your full application to:
Please note: without online-application, pdf application will not be processed.
Both, the application form (deadline 31st July for scholarship) and the pdf with all copies (deadline 31st August for scholarship) have to reach us before the deadlines. No applications will be considered after the deadline.
5. If we have shortlisted your application we will conduct a telephone interview with you as follows
- for DAAD Scholarship applicants in December the year before the course begins. You will be informed on the results by end of January.
- for Self-financing applicants, it is scheduled in February in the year the course begins. You will be informed on the results by end of March.