Application portal

On this page you will find all the information about the application and criteria. To apply for the program, you must first complete the online application form and upload the required documents.

Courses 2023

First course round in 2023

Program duration: January 09th to March 31st, 2023

  •    German B2.1 (part-time/12 lessons per week)
  •    German B2.2 (part-time/12 lessons per week)
  •    English B2/C1 (part-time/12 lessons per week)

Program Content: Language instruction and acquisition of key competencies (e.g., intercultural competence, methodological competence).

Teaching format: courses consist of a combination of online and on-campus attendance.

Admission requirements for all courses: language level B1, university entrance qualification, refugee background and desire to study.

Our application portal is open, you can apply via our online application form.

If you have any questions about the application process and program procedure, please contact us at

Who can apply?

Who can apply?

Application process

Frequently asked questions

Who can apply?

You can apply for a place in the ProRef program if you:

  •     have a refugee background
  •     have a university entrance qualification
  •     have language skills in German or English of at least level B1
  •     would like to take up a course of study after the end of the program.

We strive for a balanced gender ratio in all language courses. Flensburg European University particularly welcomes applications from qualified women.

To check whether your degree is recognized in Germany and whether you meet the admission requirements, you can use the DAAD admission database.

As proof, you will need one of these following residence statuses:

  •     Proof of arrival
  •     Residence permit
  •     Toleration
  •     Residence permit
  •     Degree certificate entitling the holder to study at a university in Germany (original or certified copy with translation into German or English by a sworn translator).
  •     If available: Study certificates (BA or MA transcript or certificate in original or certified copy with translation in German or English by a sworn translator:in).

To check whether your school-leaving certificate is recognized in Germany and whether you meet the admission requirements, you can use the admission database of the DAAD.

Proven language skills at level B1 in German or English.

Missing language certificates

If you do not have a language certificate, please contact us at

Take up a course of study after the end of the program:

  •     Please inform yourself about the study programs offered at the EUF.
  •     Under certain conditions, there is also the possibility to take up a doctorate.

How do I apply?

Application process

Applications are only possible via our online application form:

Application Form

A complete application requires the following documents:

  •     Proof of flight (copy of ID)
  •     B1 language certificate
  •     School and study certificates (report card/diploma/list of grades)

We would like to explicitly point out that applications are only accepted via the online portal. Please do not send application documents by e-mail or post.

After successful submission you will receive a confirmation email. Please note that this is not yet a commitment to the program.

Online Application

ProRef-Online Bewerbung

Please fill out the form

Application for course
1. Hereby, I apply for the following language course of the ProRef program at the Europa-Universität Flensburg
Personal Information
2. Please fill in your personal information
Residence status
3. I have the following residence status
Language abilities
4. I have already taken an official language exam and received a certificate
4a. I do not have a language certificate and would like to participate in a language placement test (onSET) at Europa-Universität Flensburg (EUF)
University entrance qualification
5. I have graduated from secondary school (German "Gymnasium") in my home country
5a. I do not have any proof of my degree
5a. I have a letter from a German authority which officially acknowledges my school-leaving qualifications from my home country
6. I have already studied at a university and acquired an academic degree in my home country
7. I do not have a degree but have already studied one or more years at a university
Desired studies
9. I plan on studying at the Europa-Universität
10. I am interested in the following study program (several answers possible)
Technical equipment
Declaration of consent
Submit form


By submitting my documents, I agree those documents to be forwarded by ProRef to the KMK for the evaluation of foreign degrees.


If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact us at:

Contact Admission

Gebäude Tallinn 1
TAL 116
Auf dem Campus 1b
Post code / City
24943 Flensburg
Show details


Links of interest for refugees

General information for refugees about studying in Germany and the German higher education system can be found here:

  •     DAAD
  •     BAMF
  •     Ministry of Education and Research - Study in Germany
  •     Uni assist