Fequently Asked Questions


The Europa-Universität Flensburg does not use Uni-Assist. Although here is a link to the step by step application procedure: https://www.uni-flensburg.de/en/eucs/application-admission/application-procedure/ 

You can keep track of your application on this website: https://studiport.uni-flensburg.de/
To log in, please use the data which is on the PDF with your application number. Then you will be able to keep updated on the development of your application.

This is the address where to send your application documents to:

Europa-Universität Flensburg
Auf dem Campus 1
24943 Flensburg

Please don´t forget that the documents need to be in the admission office before the deadline established for the application period.

During the application period, it is possible to apply to a higher semester, not just to the 1st semester.

For this, you will have to previously obtain a permission from the Admissions Committee. This permission takes some time and should be obtained as early as possible and ideally before the application period starts.

For the document to be issued by the Admissions Committe, you need to write an application identifying yourself, specifying exactly the semester in which you are asking to be placed, the reason why you should be placed in the mentioned semester and attaching the documents supporting your request.

These documents would be your high school certificate and your university transcripts, for example. The application and the documents need to be sent by post and need to be translated to English or German and duly notarized.

These documents will then be analyzed to see if the application requirements are fulfilled and to see if the university subjects that you have already completed are equivalent to courses offered here and in an enough amount that can justify placement in a higher semester. This is only possible if there are free places in the semester you are applying to. 

If your request will be decided favorably, you will be issued a letter that you can attach to the application. If not, then you can still apply but this time to start in the 1st semester.

Address where to send the application:

Europa-Universität Flensburg
Att. Patrícia Barbosa (HEL 136)
Auf dem Campus 1
24943 Flensburg


The generic documents that you need to send with your application are the following:

a) Application form from the online application procedure - that is the PDF you obtain at the end of filling in the application form online

b) Notarized copy (in the original) of the university entrance qualification (e.g. high school graduation diploma). For this purpose, please have a look at the instruction sheet on the homepage.

In case your high school diploma is not equivalent to a German university entrance certificate, please also attach a notarized copy of a certificate which attests the number of completed years of study in a higher education institution/university.

c) A notarized copy of evidence of English language skills (if evidence was not provided through the high school graduation diploma - Abitur)

Please beware that other documents might need to be sent, depending on whether other specific requirements apply to you.

In Germany, you can obtain an official authentication of your documents in the city hall, in a notary or in several other administration authorities. If you encounter difficulties with foreign certificates, please contact your country's consulate or embassy.
Schools, state preparatory colleges (Studienkollegien) or universities may only authenticate certificates issued by them.
Abroad you can get your document notarized by a German consulate or embassy or in a notary authorized to do so.

The notarization needs to make a reference to the original document, be dated, have the signature of the issuing official and bear an official seal.

All the documents can be sent either in the German or in the English language. It is your choice. If the originals are in any other language, you will need to send a notarized copy of the original and a notarized translation in any of the two languages.

All the documents need to be in the admission office of the Europa-Universität Flensburg by the end of the application period. If some document is missing, unfortunately, your application will not be considered. Our advice is for you to start your application process as early as possible so you may have time to obtain the necessary documents and solve any problem that might arise.

English requirements

In this case we advise you to do another language exam as soon as possible.

Being a citizen of an English speaking country or having been born in such a country is not enough to attest that you have reached the level of English required to be accepted to the B.A. EUCS. Additionally, you will need to prove that you attended and completed high-school with classes taught and exams completed in English.

Secondary School

In order to be accepted to a bachelor program in Germany students need to have a certificate which is equivalent to the German "Abitur". Not every secondary school certificate is equivalent to the "Abitur". More detailed information can be found on the DAAD website https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/nach-deutschland/voraussetzungen/en/57293-daad-database-on-admission-requirements/) or directly in the official anabin website (http://anabin.kmk.org/no_cache/filter/schulabschluesse-mit-hochschulzugang.html#land_gewaehlt). If you are a foreign student applying to a German university, you are advised to send your application as early as possible after the application period has started, so that you can get your answer in time, in case the documents need to be sent to the licensing office in Bonn for appreciation.


The admission answers to all applications to the B.A. EUCS only start being sent once the application deadline is over. After that date, you should receive an answer in a time frame of around 2 weeks. The answer might take a bit longer in case we received an extremely large number of applications.

Students are given a bus ticket to travel in the city of Flensburg for free and a student cart which allows for discounts in museums, cinemas, concerts... You can obtain an updated discount guide, for example here: https://www.facebook.com/RabattGuide/?hc_location=ufi

Unfortunately, this action is not possible. The B.A. European Cultures and Society accepts students only in the Winter semester.

We understand that there are some documents, which are no easily obtained from abroad. We advise you to try to manage as much as possible before the deadline. If that is not possible, because you are still waiting for your visa, for example, you should send as many of the necessary documents as possible and pay the registration fees. Along with the documents you do manage to obtain, please attach a letter enumerating the documents which are still missing with a short explanation of why and when you will be able to obtain them.


It is up to the student to make sure they have all the necessary documents which allow them to study abroad. The university cannot interfere in this field.
Our advice is to schedule a meeting at the embassy even before you receive the acceptance letter. Some embassies have a long waiting period before they can schedule a meeting. In case you receive the acceptance letter, you have already saved some precious time. In case you are not accepted, you can cancel your meeting before it takes place.

Technical issues

If you managed to download your application, with the application number before the printing error, then there should be no problem. Just print the PDF which contains your application number and attach it to the rest of the application documents.

Tuition fees

There are no tuition fees at the Europa-Universität Flensburg.

There is, however, a matriculation/enrollment fee of 25 Euros, to be paid once, when you register at the Europa-Universität Flensburg for the first time.

There is also a student fee of 241 Euros, to be paid once each semester, which entitles you to free transportation in the state of Schleswig-Holstein. *Note: These fees will be substantially reduced in the Fall semester 2022/23. More information soon.

Other questions

Yes, the Language Center offers semester courses and intensive language courses before the semester starts. You can find information about the courses being offered here: https://www.uni-flensburg.de/en/international/languages/language-courses/

The University of Flensburg has 6 student dorms. However, given the steady growth of students in the city of Flensburg, finding accommodation has become a more complicated process. 
You can read more about the dormitories here.
And you can apply for a place here.

However, besides the student dorms, there are other offers available throughout the city.

The International Center offers a couple of alternatives.

More alternatives can be found here, here or here, for example.

If you have not found here the answer to your question, feel free to send an email to: eucs-PleaseRemoveIncludingDashes-@uni-flensburg.de