El Agua - IV. Simposio de Libros, Viajes y Viajeros
Our Symposium will focus on water related themes of all centuries.
- Agua, water, Wasser, literature, human rights, arts, religion, discovery, conquest, poetry, legal aspects, travel, stroies, body, cure, film, technology, food
- 01.01.2022 - laufend
IV Symposium Books, Travels, Travelers and The Discourse of Water
July 11 – 15, 2022
European University of Flensburg, Flensburg, Germany
The IV International Symposium: Books, Travel and Travelers and the Discourse of Water will to be held from July 11-15, 2022 at the main campus of the European University of Flensburg in Germany.
A group of highly qualified academics and researchers will be gathering in the city of Flensburg to exchange their rich literary and cultural knowledge, and expertise in the topics of the Symposium.
Prof. Dr.Marco Thomas Bosshard
- +49 461 805 3063
- Gebäude Oslo
- OSL 338
- Auf dem Campus 1
- PLZ / Stadt
- 24943 Flensburg
Information about your stay in Flensburg
- If you haven't booked a hotel yet, please find detailed information here.
- The Symposium will be held during daytime hours to allow participants to explore the beautiful town of Flensburg or to visit nearby historical and cultural sites in the evening. → For some first impressions of Flensburg click here.
- Following the Symposium, you can participate in a trip to the western coast of Schleswig-Holstein (1 day, July 15) or book a two-day-excursion to Copenhagen/Danmark (July 15 + 16).
Our Symposium will focus on water related themes of all Centuries, including but not limited to:
- Acts of violence and revenge in modern literature related to Water.
- Human rights and Water.
- Water in the areas of politics, the arts, and religion.
- Water in historical events, from the Discovery, Conquest and Colonial periods to the XXI Century.
- Water related themes in fiction and poetry.
- Legal aspects of using Water.
- Water in travel, travel routes, and stories by descendants of travelers.
- Water in the body: Health and Water, illness and cures.
- The most recent Water related theories.
- Interactions about Water between science and the humanities.
- Water in films (for example, The shape of Water, Aquarela, etc.)
- Water as inheritance: mutations, migrations, new cultures, and new cities.
- Water and technology.
- Food and Water.
- Water and space: Astronomy.
We look forward to meeting you in Flensburg, one of the most beautiful ports in Germany, exploring fascinating historical areas together and exchanging our knowledge and expertise about water topics and their related fields!
The members of the Organizing Committee:
Dr. Bosshard, Marco, Europa Universität Flensburg, Flensburg, Germany
Dr. Patrut, Iulia-Karin, Europa Universität Flensburg, Flensburg, Germany
Dr. Brintrup Hertling, Lilianet, Humboldt State University, USA
Dr. Ilarregui, Gladys, University of Delaware, USA
M.A. Pimentel-Gopal, Elizabeth, University of San Francisco, USA
Dr. Depetris, Carolina, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Merida, Mexico
Dr. Haro-Luviano, Adriana, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico
Dr. Huerta Jaramillo, Ana María, Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, Mexico
The Europa-Universität Flensburg is located at:
Auf dem Campus 1