5. Step - Electronic Resident Permit (eAT)
Non-EU students holding a 3-month visa must register at the Immigration Office within 7 days of arrival in order to obtain an Electronic Residence Permit (eAT). The residence permit costs €110 and the extensions €93. The application process can take up to 2 months. The eAT is issued as a separate document in credit card format with a number of electronic functions. It contains a contactless chip with personal data, biometric features (photo; two fingerprints of persons 6 years and older) and additional provisions for the cardholder. It also contains an electronic proof of identity and offers an electronic signature function.
- valid passport
- Proof of health insurance cover
- Proof of sufficient funds (at least € 853 per month)
- Notification of admission / Notification of admission from the German university
- a biometric passport photograph
- Application documents (registration form)
- rental agreement
All students must register their residence in Flensburg.