Writing Course for Doctoral Researchers
Kommende Termine (bis zu drei)
This seminar series is not to fix a problem or offer a solution, but it provides space and time for social sciences researchers at the doctoral level who write their dissertation in English.
The course is informed by an understanding of writing as a social practice, taking into account behavioural, artisanal, social and emotional habits (Sword, 2017). The writing workshop series, which has similarly been running as a pilot at Brunel University London between July and September 2021, is designed as a collaborative and generative writing space.
The course is divided into four blocks:
- The context of writing, namely the behavioural and emotional habits of participants, is first elucidated.
- The second block introduces artisanal techniques of academic writing.
- Writing for/ with/ among others is the third block,
- whereas the fourth goes back to the artisanal methods focusing on editing.
Each session is designed for a duration of four hours with balanced input, writing time and peer-to-peer exchange.
- Join via meeting-link below.
Meeting number: 842 483 425
- Dr. Eva Bulgrin
- University of Sussex