Summer School 2018: Modelling Energy Systems - Setting the Interdisciplinary Stage
September 3rd - 7th, 2018
From the 3rd to 7th September the Europa Universität Flensburg will host a summer school on "Energy System Modelling – Setting the Interdisciplinary Stage". The summer school is part of the training within the EU-funded Marie Curie Innovative Training Network ENSYSTRA (for more information see:).
The summer school is designed for researchers at an early stage of their PhD projects and will bring together researchers in the field of energy system modelling and analysis. Due to the different backgrounds of the ENSYSTRA PhDs the aim of the summer school is to create an interdisciplinary understanding of energy modelling and establish a collaboration. Besides different lectures ranging from the "Fundamentals of Energy System Modelling" to advanced modelling techniques, the programme will focus on practical work of the PhDs and exchange with different experts. Therefore, lectures will be supplemented by open spaces for group work and discussions on relevant topics in the field of energy system modelling. The week will be framed by different social events to create room for networking with project partners and external participants.
Note: On Tuesday evening (Sept 4th) and Wednesday morning (Sept 5th) we will have committee and board meetings respectively parallel to the summer school programme.
Please register for the summer school until August 27th!
The summer school will take place on the campus of the Europa-Universität Flensburg. More specifically in the( ).
How to get to Flensburg
- By plane: the nearest airports are Hamburg Airport (code: HAM) or Billund in Danmark (BLL, but not very well connected to Flensburg by public transport)
- By train: Flensburg is well connected to Hamburg to the south and danish train stations to the north. See the Website of the for (international) connections
How to get to the campus
A map of the campus can be found. The HELSINKI building is in the upper right corner
From the Flensburg train station:
From the city center (e.g. Fjord Hotel):
By car (from the A7 highway):
The address is
Auf dem Campus 1
There are multiple lodging options in Flensburg, a city with many visitors.
Hotel am Fjord
- centrally located
- close to central bus station (frequent connections to the campus)
- we reserved some rooms (valid until July 30th)
- Single rooms 65 € per night incl. breakfast
- Twin rooms 70 € per night incl. breakfast
- Double rooms 100 € per night incl. breakfast
- Limited number of rooms are available on a first-come-first-serve basis
- Use booking code "ENSYSTRA"!
- Free cancellation until four weeks ahead of your stay, otherwise 80% of the cost have to be paid.
- Note: This is not a discount code but a reminder for the hotel to use the reserved rooms.
All of the following options are centrally located and along the bus lines 4 and 5 to the campus:
- (already fully booked on a few days, not available for the whole week)
- (already fully booked for 4th and 5th of September)
a little further away from the city center and the campus are
Additionally, a lot o flats for (short-term) rent are also available in Flensburg, many of them in beautiful old renovated buildings in the city center.