Due to the decree () issued by the mayor of Flensburg on March 12, 2021, in-person classes are currently prohibited on our campus. The decree takes effect on March 15, 2021.
At the moment, private on-campus gatherings involving only one other person outside of one's household are allowed.
Please take note of these new regulations. At the moment, they are valid until March 21, 2021. We will of course inform you of any updates.
Information on dealing with the pandemic at our university
Dear colleagues, students, and members of the EUF community,
After having had to almost totally shut down in-person activities at EUF in the past months, we are now seeing a slight relaxation in the area of higher education for Schleswig-Holstein. The ministry has approached the universities with an updated , and expressed its wish to guarantee the feasibility of university study within a more extensive framework, while ensuring that any necessary in-person teaching can take place.
With the new Universities Corona Ordinance, the following regulations will be valid from now until March 28, 2021:
- Teaching: Teaching will continue to take place in digital form. At EUF, starting on March 15, 2021 some exceptions will apply for approved courses that have a practical orientation. These may be held in person on our campus, in compliance with the current hygiene regulations.
- Library: Starting on March 15, 2021, the ZHB will resume in-person operations, but with restrictions in the user areas. For more information, please see
- Student Workstations: Student workstations may be provided in exceptional cases, upon request and when there is a good reason to do so.
- Home office: We strongly recommend working from a home office wherever possible. In this regard, the decree of the heads of the State Chancellery has been extended until April 30, 2021.
- Mouth-nose protection: Wearing a medical mouth-nose covering is required. Further details are provided in § 2 and § 6 of the ordinance. In addition, the EUF hygiene concept applies.
- Contacts: Gatherings will again be permitted on the EUF campus starting on March 13, 2021, provided that they comply with current requirements regarding interpersonal distancing requirements and mask wearing. With regard to private gatherings and meetings on the EUF campus, contact restrictions (regulated in § 2 paragraph 4 Corona-BekämpfVO) apply.
With kind regards,
Werner Reinhart, Iulia Patrut & Stephanie Brady
- Teaching will continue to take place in digital form.At EUF, starting on March 15, 2021 some exceptions will apply for approved courses that have a practical orientation. These may be held in person on our campus, in compliance with the current hygiene regulations.
- There will be no face-to-face examinations this semester (Fall Semester 2020/21), except for individual examinations or those given in very small groups. All other face-to-face exams will be switched to alternative formats. Alternative formats have already been agreed on with the instructors involved. The SPA will inform students about their exams in a timely manner.
Central University Library (ZHB)
- Starting on March 15, 2021, the ZHB will resume in-person operations, but with restrictions in the user areas. For more information, please see
Student working spaces
Student workstations may be provided in exceptional cases, upon request and when there is a good reason to do so.
Board and committee meetings
Board and committee meetings are to be held exclusively online during the period of validity of this Regulation. If, during the period of validity of this regulation, a faculty appointment committee makes an appointment suggestion during its final meeting, the procedure for that will be coordinated with the Human Resources Department.
Mouth and nose masks
- Mouth-to-nose covering is now mandatory on all campus grounds.
- A medical mask must be worn inside all university buildings. This also applies to events and exams.
Important documents (last update: 29-05-2020)
The Federal Ministry of Health has set up a hotline for general questions about coronavirus: Tel.: 030 / 346 465 100.
- The Ministry of Health of Schleswig-Holstein has set up a hotline for questions about coronavirus, related especially to Schleswig-Holstein: Tel.: 0431 / 79 70 00 01.
Coordination at EUF
We have set up a central e-mail address for questions about specific event cancellations, dealing with suspected cases or other questions about dealing with the topic of coronavirus at our university. Please send your questions to .
The Presidium of EUF coordinates the measures and regulations and has established sub-working groups for this purpose, e.g. on study and teaching in general, on online teaching or on hygiene measures.