The University Council of the Europa-Universität Flensburg consists of a total of five voluntary members, elected by the Senate of the Europa-Universität Flensburg and appointed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Land of Schleswig-Holstein for a term of four years. Four of its members elect a fifth member, who, having also been appointed by the Ministry, takes the chair of the University Council.
In the context of the amendment of the statute governing higher education institutions and the University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein (HSG), the Landtag had decided in October 2013 to abolish the inter-university university council of the Land of Schleswig-Holstein and that each respective university should establish its own university council.
29th December 2020 to 28th December 2024
|Prof. Dr. Eva-Maria Neher (Chair until February 14, 2021)||Geschäftsführende Direktorin XLAB - Göttinger Experimentallabor für junge Leute e.V. - in Rente|
|Andreas Dethleffsen||Geschäftsführer der HGDF Familienholding GmbH & Co. KG, Flensburg|
Journalistin, Publizistin und Fernsehmoderatorin – Leiterin des Programmbereichs Kultur & Dokumentation beim NDR
|Dr. Ernst-Dieter Rossmann, MdB||Bildungs- und Wissenschaftspolitiker, Pinneberg/Berlin|
|Prof. Dr. Christine Wiezorek|
Professorin für Erziehungswissenschaft mit dem Schwerpunkt Pädagogik des Jugendalters am Institut für Erziehungswissenschaft der Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen
Responsibilities of the University Council
According to section 19 (1) HSG (version dated 28th February 2007) the University Council has the following responsibilities:
- Deciding on matters put to it by the chancellor
- Commenting on the draft constitution
- Approving the statute on quality assurance and of statutes in matters of self-government
- Making recommendations on the image building of the university, on research and teaching focus areas, as well as on the structure of the courses
- Commenting on the budget
- Deciding on the University's structural and developmental plan
- Deciding on the principles for the distribution of financial and material resources, as well as on staffing
- Commenting on the introduction of new study programs and degrees
- Advising in connection with the report by the University Board
- Commenting prior to the conclusion and monitoring of the fulfilment of target and service level agreements.