Educational Sciences (B.A.)
|Academic degree||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)|
The study program consists of three subjects:
|Language of instruction||All courses are offered mainly in German |
(Study programs in foreign languages are offered in the language concerned)
|Language requirements||Excellent knowledge of the German language (corresponding to level C2 of the Common European Framework o Reference for Languages, CEFR)|
|Start of program||every winter semester|
|Tuition fee||No tuition fees, butapply.|
|Information brochure||(PDF, in German only!)|
|Information about Bachelor/Master programs|
Please contact the.
|Specific information for international/exchange students||For further information please see the website of the|
Specifications about the Europa-Universität Flensburg Model of Teacher Training
The profession of a teacher is fulfilling, complex and challenging, because daily life in a classroom rarely goes exactly according to plan. Pupils come from diverse cultural, social, linguistic and religious backgrounds and are exposed to cinsiderable pressure to excel even at an early stage in their schooling. The demands of a competition focused society present a particular challenge for teachers. Their pupils are expected to be able to cope professionally and to grow up as self-confident, strong individuals who help to shape society.
The essential characteristics of our Europa-Universität Flensburg Model of teacher training include:
- Extensive focus on Educational sciences (pedagogy, psychology, teaching methods, education) form a considerable part of the coursework.
- The Bachelor's degree program offers students the flexibility to continue their education, directly after graduating, in either a teaching-related field or other Master's degree program.
- Scientific disciplines and teaching methodology are closely intertwined in each of the degree courses.
- All prospective teachers acquire skills in teaching Germans as a second or foreign language, inclusion, dealing with heterogeneity, diagnosis and support, media education and school development.
- Studentes undergo intensive practical training - an orientation intership at the start of the course and a teacher training internship during the Bachelor program. A practical semester is part of the Master's degree program.
- Studying abroad and/or an internship abroad is highly recommended: both these opportunities allow students the chance to experience that schooling can work very differently abroad than it does in Germany.
In no other European country does education success depend so much on social background as it does in Germany. We want to contribute our part to changing this situation.
The following document constitute the basis of this study program at the Europa-Universität Flensburg.
- "Gemeinsame Prüfungs- und Studienordnung (GPO) der Europa-Universität Flensburg".
Please note! The relevantrelated to the B.A. Educational Sciences are available only in the German version.