With the "Program for the preparation and integration of refugees" (ProRef), the Europa-Universität Flensburg supports refugees who are interested in studying at higher education institutions. Through language and key competence courses as well as study, career and social counseling, the Europa-Universität Flensburg facilitates integration into the German higher education system, the labor market and society.
The ProRef program includes:
- Academically oriented German and English language courses at levels B2-C1
- Recognized language exams (German / English)
- Accompanying courses consisting of four key competence modules: methodological competence, social and personal competence, cultural competence, media and IT competence
- Individual study, career and social counselling
- Support in finding accommodation, applying for studies and applying for BAföG
- Guest auditor status: free use of the university infrastructure and attendance of lectures and seminars
- Possibility to obtain the state-wide semester ticket for Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg
- Internal course excursions, events and campus tours
- CampusFRIENDS – a buddy program without borders! – Exchange program between participants of the ProRef program and EUF-students.
- Non-university offers: cultural events and social activities
The one-year program starts each year in July and is co-funded by the State of Schleswig-Holstein and by the DAAD based on funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.