CampusFRIENDS (CF) is a buddy program between ProRef participants and EUF students.
The ProRef program supports refugees in their linguistic, methodological and cultural preparation for their studies in Flensburg. Participants of the one-year program are refugees from Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, Libya, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Iraq, Iran and Turkey who are interested in studying (in Germany).
What is CampusFRIENDS about?
Since the start of our program round in 2018, we want to bring together CampusTEAMS, who are interested in topics and questions related to an EUF study program. Within these CampusTEAMS, ProRef participants and EUF students may develop exciting and sustainable projects in various fields such as Europe, education, economy and environment. Furthermore, there also is a cooking group and a group that meets regularly to plan leisure activities together.
In the program round 2021/22 we plan regular cultural and social events so that all participants of CF can exchange ideas and get to know each other better. For example, we are planning intercultural theme evenings, a cooking event and joint excursions.
Our launch event for the 2021/22 program round was our Kick-off Meeting on October 27, 2021.
Despite the current situation and online teaching, we wanted to give CampusFRIENDS the opportunity to get to know each other and make new contacts. Through events such as the GameTOGETHER and DetectTOGETHER, participants had the opportunity to work together and get to know each other better through games and puzzles.
Past Events 2020/2021
- TasteTOGETHER - March 29, 2021 via WebEx
- An event all about international and intercultural dishes. Our CampusFRIENDS had the opportunity to share their favorite dishes from different cultural backgrounds.
- DetectTOGETHER - February 15, 2021 via WebEx
- A puzzling affair! Thriller enthusiasts and amateur investigators were needed to solve the mysterious disapperance in our CampusFRIENDS team.
- GameTOGETHER - January 25, 2021 via WebEx
- An intercultural game and puzzle evening. As a team, CampusFRIENDS were able to solve a variety of puzzles, play games and brainstorm together.
- StartTOGETHER - January 11, 2021 via WebEx
- Through our intercultural quiz, participants had the opportunity to use their intercultural knowledge, expand it and question their own cultural bias.
- ComeTOGETHER (introductory event) - December 7, 2020 via WebEx
- Our introductory event is for orientation and provided a relaxed atmosphere for the participants to get to know each other and ask questions.
The 2019/20 program round brought together CampusTEAMS interested in topics and issues related to an EUF study program. Within CampusTEAMS, exciting and sustainable projects were implemented in areas such as Europe, education, economy and environment.
In addition, individual CampusTANDEMS could be formed between EUF students and participants of the ProRef program. The content of these intercultural CampusTANDEMS could be designed individually. Within the framework of these independently organised meetings, the ProRef participants were to be introduced to the university and student life, among other things.
In the 2019/20 programme round, we have planned regular cultural and social events so that all CF participants can exchange ideas and get to know each other better. For example, we have organised intercultural theme evenings, a cooking event and joint excursions.
Past Events 2019/2020
- ThinkTOGETHER - February 2020
- GameTOGETHER - January 15, 2020 in the Rotunde
- ThinkTOGETHER - December 12, 2019 in RIGA 815
- CookTOGETHER - November 13, 2019 in the Rotunde
- ComeTOGETHER (introductory event) - October 9, 2019 in OSL 234
Everyone can participate, no matter if you are at the beginning of your studies or if you already know the campus inside out. If you are interested in showing a participant of the ProRef program the university and student life in Flensburg, then this is the place for you.
So show them what the campus has to offer and get to know another culture! You will receive an official confirmation of your social commitment.
You are a ProRef participant and would like to get to know university life?
Are you looking for a connection to EUF students and want to improve your language skills? Then join CampusFRIENDS!
This way you can get in touch with students before you start your studies and have them show you student life on and outside the campus.
If you have any questions or are interested in joining CampusFRIENDS, please register via our registration form or send us an email: campusfriends-PleaseRemoveIncludingDashesfirstname.lastname@example.org
CampusFRIENDS is also on Facebook