Who can apply?
You can apply for a place in the ProRef Program if you:
have a refugee background
As proof you need one of the following residence statuses:
- Proof of arrival (Ankunftsnachweis)
- Temporary resident permit (Aufenthaltsgestattung)
- Degree of tolerance (Duldung)
- Residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis)
obtained a university entrance certificate (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung)
- School-leaving certificate that entitles you to higher education studies in Germany; equivalent to the German "Abitur" (original/certified copy with certified translation into German or English)
- If available: a certificate of study (original BA or MA transcript or certificate/certified copy with certified translation into German or English)
To check whether your secondary school degree is recognized in Germany and whether you fulfil the admission requirements, you can use the.
have language skills in German or English at level B1 or higher
Proven language skills atin German or English..
Missing language certificates
If you are missing a language certificate you can take the language placement test in German and/or English. Due to the current situation, there are no set dates. Taking the test is only possible with a registration beforehand by e-mail at
For a later entry in January 2021 a level B2 is required.
want to study after the end of the program
- Please find out more about the at the EUF.
- If the prerequisites are met, there is the option of pursuing a .
The university strives for a balanced gender relation in all language courses. The EUF particularly welcomes applications from qualified women.