MeQS: Synergetic improvements in course quality – teaching development through the cooperation of university and university of applied sciences
MeQS is a joint project between Fachhochschule Kiel, Hochschule Flensburg and Europa-Universität Flensburg. It aims to improve the standard of teaching and teacher qualification, the quality of studying, and the development of degree course programmes. These four main areas of focus are systematically linked with each other, as the following schematic (in German) shows:
Extracts from the MeQS project proposal:
- Europa-Universität Flensburg strives to strengthen the focus on competence within degree courses containing heterogeneous student groups.
- Europa-Universität Flensburg sets particular emphasis on optimising the transition from school to university, strengthening the focus on competence within degree courses, and expanding the provision of higher education teaching workshops for lecturers.
What is offered within the project at Europa-Universität Flensburg
- Academic writing courses, workshops and writing sessions
- Optimisation of the transition from school to university
- Time management and self management workshops
- Higher education teaching course offerings for lecturers
- Development of degree courses and course module