Program for the Academic Preparation and Integration of Refugees
With the "Program for the preparation and integration of refugees" (ProRef), the Europa-Universität Flensburg supports refugees who are interested in studying at higher education institutions. Through language and key competence courses as well as study, career and social counseling, the EUF facilitates integration into the German higher education system, the labor market and society.
The ProRef program includes:
- Academically oriented German and English language courses at levels B2-C1
- Recognized language exams (German / English)
- Accompanying courses consisting of four key competence modules: methodological competence, social and personal competence, cultural competence, media and IT competence
- Individual study, career and social counselling
- Support in finding accommodation, applying for studies and applying for BAföG
- Guest auditor status: free use of the university infrastructure and attendance of lectures and seminars
- Possibility to obtain the state-wide semester ticket for Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg
- Internal course excursions, events and campus tours
- – Exchange program between participants of the ProRef program and EUF-students.
- Non-university offers: cultural events and social activities
The one-year program starts in July of each year and is co-funded by the State of Schleswig-Holstein and by the DAAD based on funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.