Program for the Academic Preparation and Integration of Refugees
With the "Program for the Academic Preparation and Integration of Refugees" (ProRef), the Europa-Universität Flensburg (EUF) supports refugees interested in studying at a German university. The ProRef Program prepares refugees linguistically, methodologically and culturally for their studies and introduces them to the German higher education system, the labor market and society.
The ProRef Program includes:
- Academically oriented German and English language courses at levels B2-C1/C1-C2
- Recognized language exams (German / English)
- Methodological and cultural introductory courses
- Individual study, occupational and social counseling
- Assistance with apartment search, university application and BAföG application
- Guest student status: free use of the university's infrastructure and attendance of lectures and seminars
- Sociocultural activities and
The one-year program starts in July of each year and is co-funded by the State of Schleswig-Holstein and the DAAD based on funds from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.