Who can apply?
You can apply for a place in the ProRef program if you:
Have a refugee background
As proof you need one of the following residence statuses:
- Proof of arrival (Ankunftsnachweis)
- Temporary resident permit (Aufenthaltsgestattung)
- Degree of tolerance (Duldung)
- Residence permit (Aufenthaltserlaubnis)
You can find further explanations on the various residence statuses on the website of the.
Obtained a university entrance certificate (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung)
- School-leaving certificate that entitles you to higher education studies in Germany; equivalent to the German "Abitur" (original/certified copy with certified translation into German or English)
- If available: a certificate of study (original BA- or MA-Transcript or certificate/certified copy with certified translation into German or English)
To check whether your secondary school degree is recognised in Germany and whether you fulfil the admission requirements, you can use the.
Missing leaving certificates
If you have graduated from school or university, but are unable to provide your educational certificates, the EUF offers a study aptitude test . Prior to this test, a plausibility interview takes place during an interview at the EUF - only then can the TestAS be taken. Please contact us beforehand by e-mail at: . The next TestAS will take place on 31 May 2019.
Have language skills in German or English at level B1 or higher
Proven language skills atin German or English.
Missing language certificates
If you are missing a language certificate you can take the language placement test in German and/or English.
The next dates are:
- April 10, 2019: between 12pm and 6pm
- May 15, 2019: between 12pm and 6pm
- June 18, 2019: between 10am and 4pm
- July 10, 2019: between 10am and 4pm
Please register beforehand by e-mail at
want to study after the end of the program.
- Please find out more about the at the EUF.
- If the prerequisites are met, there is the option of pursuing a .
The university strives for a balanced gender relation in all language courses. The EUF particularly welcomes applications from qualified women.