This sheet gives basic information about our service. If your question does not appear below, please contact us at: email@example.com.
To request help with your manuscript, go to our online application form. Fill out the form and upload a copy of your text, plus any supporting materials. Please submit all texts, tables and/or graphics for editing in .docx format or similar. If you use LaTex or similar, please copy-paste the text into a .docx file or plain text file and upload it together with the pdf version. Your text must be 100% finished at the time of application.
You may apply for editorial assistance at any time. We know this is not always possible, but please try to submit your manuscript at least 6 weeks prior to your submission deadline. This helps us support the entire EUF community and increases your chance of benefiting from the service. The turnaround time for more extensive manuscripts (20+ pages) may be longer. If you are only days away from submission - don't let this stop you. We do our best to support last-minute requests.
The following selection criteria apply:
- Type of publication (in order of priority): grant application; peer-reviewed journal article; journal article or abstract; book introduction or single chapter
- Availability of the editorial service staff at the time of request
- Estimated time and effort required to edit the manuscript
- Number of times the applicant has already received editorial support from this service
You can support our service in the following ways:
- Provide us with a 100% finished manuscript. Please avoid adding new text or modifying the existing text after you have sent it to us.
- If available, provide the original German version of your text, a sample text or texts from the same academic subject area, and/or a glossary of subject-specific terms.
- Respond promptly to editorial comments and suggestions.
Turnaround time varies in accordance with staff availability and current demand. We will give you an approximate return date when your application is approved. If the request is last-minute, we may only have time to quickly proofread the text. In such cases, we will always tell you in advance that a full edit is not possible that week.
For standard, thorough edits, please allow a maximum turnaround time of about 4-6 weeks from the date of your notification email. This includes a first edit, your review of the edited text, and a final read-through (if required and desired). Very short texts can usually be edited within a few days.
- +49 461 805 2733
- Gebäude Riga 6
- RIG 603
- Auf dem Campus 1
- Post code / City
- 24943 Flensburg