"The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun" Christopher McCandless

Study Places at Partner Universities


  • Search the portal for partner universities that suit your course of studies; you can research the range of courses offered on their respective home pages; please note the language skills required. Overview of partner universities
  • The application period for stays abroad in the academic year 2021/22 (fall semester 2021 and spring semester 2022) has expired. For stays in the academic year 2022/23 the application portal will re-open in December for partner universities out of Europe and in January for applications in Europe (+ ERASMUS).
  • If the language of instruction at the host university is English: at least level B2, language proof required. Dates for upcoming TOEFL tests may be found here.
  • If the language of instruction at the host university is Spanish, French or Danish: level B1 when applying, level B2 when starting the semester abroad (IM: official language proof, e.g. DELE)
  • If the language of instruction at the host university is Italian or Portuguese: at least level B1
  • Attention: It is possible that the requirements of the partner universities differ from these regulations. Higher quality language certificates may be required (especially in Spain). However, there are also partner universities that have lower requirements regarding the language level. Please refer to our list of partners.
  • Information on English and Spanish language certificates (http://www.uni-flensburg.de/portal-internationales/sprachen-lernen/sprachnachweise-und-pruefungen/)
  • Transcript of Records (does not have to be stamped). Master students please upload your Bachelor certificate instead (with grade).
  • Curriculum Vitae
  • Photo
  • Letter of Motivation (500-600 words)
  • Nomination: The International Center nominates you as a prospective student to the partner university. You only have a definite place at the partner university if that university formally confirms that you have been accepted.
  • Application at the partner university: You will receive all relevant application material from the partner university or by the International Center of Europa-Universität Flensburg. Please submit your application to the partner university approximately four weeks prior to the deadline for applications. Application deadlines and procedures of the individual partner universities may vary considerably.
  • Learning Agreement and recognition of courses: The courses will be selected and the Learning Agreements will be signed before the stay abroad commences.