Erasmus+ Studies (SMS) - the most important facts
- The Erasmus study-programme covers study visits to only European partner universities of Europa-Universität Flensburg.
- The study visit can be for one or two semesters, the minimum period is three months. Multiple funding is possible: for up to twelve months for each section of the studies.
- The application process at the host university is simplified and no tuition fees are payable.
- Home and host universities support the application process and assist with the organization of the stay.
- The host university usually assists with finding accommodation and offers ERASMUS students a cultural programme as well as a preparatory language course.
- For the purpose of recognition of the studies undertaken at the partner university, an individual Learning Agreement is concluded between the students and both home and host universities. This Learning Agreement details the courses taken and the credit points awarded (ECTS points).
- The ERASMUS grant (scholarship) depends on the country of destination. In the academic year 2018/19 the rates for Bachelor students will be:
- 420 €/month: Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, UK
- 360 €/month: Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus
- 300 €/month: Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Republic of Macedonia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary
- Europa-Universität Flensburg may set an eligibility period that is shorter than the actual stay.
- Upon return, a Transcript of Records will be issued which certifies the courses completed and credits obtained.
Erasmus+ Internship (SMP) - the most important facts
Erasmus+ provides financial support for internships to students in host institutions in other European countries (EU-institutions and institutions which manage EU-programmes are excluded, as well as diplomatic missions of the countries of origin of the students). Students may receive funding for compulsory or voluntary internships (with a minimum of 60 days).
The program offers students the following service:
- Recognition of study achievements completed abroad
- Support during the internship by a contact person at the home university and a contact person within the host institution.
- Assistance with the preparation for internship; it is also possible to take part in a preparatory Erasmus intensive language course in so-called lesser-used languages.
- EU-internship agreement between universities, companies and students
- The amount of the ERASMUS grant (scholarship) depends on the country of destination and is currently as follows:
- 270 €/month: Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, FYRO Macedonia, Hungary
- 330 €/month: Belgium, Greece, Iceland, Croatia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Turkey
- 390 €/month: Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Sweden, Austria, UK
- The funded period will be calculated by the length of the stay. Internships exceeding 100 days will be cut down to a funded period of 100 days.
- The EUF yearly grants two graduate Erasmus+ traineeships. In 2018 the quota has already been achieved.
- Traineeships which are paid higher than 600€ are not considered.
This is the for internships in Europe