Expand your academic and language skills, get to know another education system, take an outside look at your own culture and identity, experience the feeling of otherness. open your horizon!
Get inspired, find information, experience the world, discover countries?! The information of the DAAD campaign(only in German) provides helpful tips on preparing, financing and organising a stay abroad.
Planning semesters abroad in times of Corona
Would you like to spend a semester abroad in the academic year 2021/22, but are unsure whether you would like to do so during the Corona Pandemic? Currently, predictions are difficult to make. We are aware of your concerns and are happy to answer your questions.
Can I apply but decide whether or not to go later?
In these times that is no problem. Please plan everything as far as possible. If you decide not to go on a semester abroad, please inform us as soon as possible.
Can I carry out my stay abroad as originally planned?
Please stick to a cost-neutral planning for your stay abroad as long as possible.
We recommend that you:
- wait as long as possible until you book travel tickets, rent an apartment in the destination country or similar.
- take out travel cancellation insurance.
- keep the option open to continue your studies at our university for as long as possible. This means registering for the courses here at the EUF for the semester of the planned semester abroad.
- regularly inform yourself about the situation at the host institution on their website and to subscribe to the newsletter offered there, if applicable.
- stay in touch with the contact persons of the host institution.
- meet the set deadlines.
- regularly check the web pages of the Foreign Office and inform yourself there about the current country and security information
- check the RKI website regularly for new regulations
Can I postpone my stay abroad to another semester?
This is possible during the current academic year. In principle, your confirmation of place is valid for the entire academic year (HeSe and FrSe). The confirmed place, however, cannot be transferred to a new academic year.
A postponement of the stay depends mainly on the situation and capacity of the partner university. Please contact us in good time via outgoing@uni-flensburg to find out whether a postponement is possible for your partner university. We will support you in finding and implementing individual solutions.
Can I cancel my stay abroad completely?
Please inform us immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have already started my semester abroad, can I cancel it?
If, during your semester abroad, you decide to interrupt your stay at the host university due to the situation under the Corona Pandemic, you can do so at any time. If you are at a partner university with Erasmus+, please read the following question.
What are the regulations regarding student mobility with Erasmus+ during the Corona Pandemic?
The current regulations for student mobility with Erasmus+ can be found on the DAAD website.
If you are unsure how to apply these DAAD regulations to your specific case, please contact us at email@example.com
This information does not claim to be complete. If you have further questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org