The University offers a financial counselling service through the Studienberatung by Gabriella Kristoffersen. International students receive information on how to finance their studies, as well as potential scholarships. Students with any financial queries or worries are welcome to go here for support.
Proof of Sufficient Funds
New regulations require of all international students, EXCEPT EU CITIZENS, proof of sufficient funds to the sum of 735 € per month. This can be supplied in one of these forms:
1. A grant/stipend letter of confirmation
2. A formal obligation letter of the person who finances your studies, a so-called "Verpflichtungserklärung", which can be obtained from the German embassies at home.
3. A blocked bank account with at least 735 €/ per month for a single person (Example: 6 Months at 735 €, total 4.410 €)
4. A bank guarantee for 735 € per month (single person) for at least 12 months (depending on your length of stay)
Financing your studies
There are immediate initial payments due upon arrival so please make sure you have access to cash to cover your expenses and deposit for the first days. Some international bankcards may not work here and some places may not accept credit cards. When you arrive in Flensburg you can open a bank account here.
- Monthly rent 230 €-280 € (approx.)
- Rent deposit 300 € (single payment)
- Telephone card 30 € (if applicable)
- Health Insurance 92 € (per month, if applicable)
- Student Fee 235 € (single payment)
- Bed linen 50 € (single payment)
- Food 250-300 €
- Excursion/going out 50 € or more