- Academic qualification: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Course contents:
- Cultural studies
- Media studies
- Art & Visual Culture
- Business studies
- Head of department: Dr. Sibylle Machat
- Regular duration of study: 4 semesters, 120 CP
- Languages of instruction: All obligatory courses and most optional courses are taught in English or German (some optional courses may be offered in Danish and minority languages)
- Commencement of studies: only in Winter Semester
- Admissions (max.) / numerus clausus:
- All information can be found on ("Zulassungsbeschränkungen")
- Whether any are imposed on admission, will be decided for each application period separately
- Tuition fees: no tuition fees, but
More information:(in German)
The KSM concept has been in operation in Germany and Denmark as a successful, joint-study program since 1997, offering joint degrees at BA, Diploma and MA levels. The program has enabled over 400 EU and international students to complete their first or second degree. In 2005, the Institutes of English, German, Danish and the Arts at Flensburg formed the KSM research group to offer a fresh, interdisciplinary postgraduate program on the new campus (2002) of Flensburg University, Germany.
Two-year, full-time post-graduate study through seminars, lectures, project, presentation and examination (ECTS: 120 credits). The KSM Masters focuses on the study of cultural modernity in Language and Literature as well as Culture, Art, Textiles, Media and Business Studies at the interfaces of the Baltic, North Sea and North Atlantic zones. Credits are gained by research-oriented, postgraduate study of the culture, literature, language and visual media (arts, fashion, film) of German, Scandinavian and English-speaking Atlantic countries. KSM offers the only postgraduate study program in Europe with this research constellation.
Practicals & internships
One practical abroad of min. 12 weeks in the summer break (or two practicals totaling min. 5 weeks each, one of which is to be conducted abroad: subject to KSM Exam Board regulations).