The following information is addressed to students from partner universities or Erasmus students, who want to study one or two semester at Europa-Universität Flensburg.
The application is done through the online portal. The link will be sent after the official nomination of the International Coordinator at your home university.
For information about, p , , and your studies, please go to
To apply for an exchange study period at Europa-Universität Flensburg you need to be officially nominated by your International Office or coordinator. After nomination you will receive an email with a link from us to start your online application.
You will need to hand in the following in digital form:
- Online application form
- Motivation letter in English or in German (1 page explaining why you want to come to Europa-Universität Flensburg, PDF)
- Academic History/Academic Transcripts (list of subjects with grades obtained, PDF)
- Photocopy of passport showing your photo, number and expiration date (PDF)
- Native speakers of English or German do not need any language proof
- Other applicants require level B2 English or German language proof according to the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) or equivalent (e.g. TOEFL IBT with a minimum of 78 points)
- Photocopy of health insurance proof in English or German. Applicants from the EU can submit a copy of their European Health Insurance Card (PDF)
- Proof of current home university enrolment (PDF)
- A photo (JPG)
- You do not need to send a hard copy of the application or documents per post
Europa-Universität Flensburg follows the ECTS system. An average course load has 30 credit points per semester. Student performance is normally evaluated with a grade.
1,0 - 1,3
1,7 – 2,0 - 2,3
2,7 – 3,0 - 3,3
3,7 - 4,0
Ungraded - Pass
Deadlines for all study programs
Fall semester (starts September 1)
|Nomination: March 1 - April 10, Application: by May 1|
Spring semester (starts March 1)
Nomination: September 1 - October 10, Application: by November 1