Alumni Workshop 2015
In 1989 the first students came to Flensburg to study "Appropriate Technology and Extension Skills"(ARTES), the first development related postgraduate programme at the, then, "Pädagogische Hochschule Flensburg". The Pädagogische Hochschule became a University, ARTES (Appropriate technology and Extension Skills) became SESAM (Sustainable Energy Systems and Management) and finally SESAM became EEM (Energy and Environmental Management).
We celebrated this birthday with an "anniversary year", starting from autumn 2014 and ending in September2015. Many of our alumni helped us to find a striking theme of our anniversary year:
"Addressing Resilience and Sustainability in Energy Management"
- 25 years of development oriented studies at the University of Flensburg
As a final event we have conducted an alumni workshop in Flensburg from 21 till 25 September 2015. The alumni workshop had an interesting and diverse programme with presentations, excursions and a market of opportunities and a following one week exhibition. We also used the opportunity of hosting some of our alumni in Flensburg to develop the concept of the study programme further.
Presentations and posters addressed our main theme "Addressing Resilience and Sustainability in Energy Management"and focussed on one of the following topics:
- Education for Environmental Sustainability and Resilience
- Organizations for Resilient and Sustainable Energy Systems
- Energy Policy and Planning for Resilience and Sustainability
- Energy Systems for Community Resilience
- Energy System Resilience to Economic Dynamics and Climate Change
- Business and Entrepreneurship Models for Resilient and Sustainable Energy Systems