- +49 461 805 2882
- +49 461 805 952882
- Gebäude Vilnius 2
- VIL 203
- Auf dem Campus 1c
- Post code / City
- 24943 Flensburg
- Abteilung Energie- und Umweltmanagement
- Research associate
Energie- und Umweltmanagement
z.H. Jonathan Hanto
Auf dem Campus 1
Jonathan Hanto has been a research associate at the European University Flensburg in the Department of Energy and Environmental Management since January 2022. He is also a guest researcher at the Technical University of Berlin (TU Berlin). In late 2021, he completed his M.Sc. in industrial engineering with a specialization in energy and resource management at the TU Berlin.
As part of his studies, he worked on modeling the coal phase-out and the associated employment effects in Colombia and South Africa. His master's thesis was on the political economy of energy and coal in South Africa.
The aim of his PhD is to combine techno-economic and social issues in order to contribute to the promotion of an equitable decarbonization. His research is mainly focused on energy system modeling to study decentralized and sector-coupled energy systems, taking into account relevant socioeconomic aspects.
- Hanto, J./ Schroth, A./ Krawielicki, L./ Oei, P.-Y./ Burton, J. (2022): South Africa's energy transition – Unraveling its political economy. Energy fror Sustainable Development, Vol. 69 (August), Pages 164-178. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esd.2022.06.006
- Hanto, J./ Schroth, A./ Krawielicki, L./ Oei, P.-Y./ Burton, J. (2022): The Political Economy of Energy and Climate Policy in South Africa. In The Political Economy of Coal, by Michael Jakob and Jan C. Steckel, 1st ed., 300–319. London: Routledge. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781003044543-20.
- Hanto, J./ Krawielicki, L./ Krumm, A./ Moskalenko, N./ Löffler, K./ Hauenstein, C./ Oei, P.-Y. (2021): Effects of Decarbonization on the Energy System and Related Employment Effects in South Africa. Environmental Science & Policy, 124 (October): 73–84. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsci.2021.06.001.
- Hanto, J. (18/11/2021): Effects of decarbonization on the energy system and related employment effects in South Africa. Presentation at the TRAJECTS Sustainability Transition Dialogue 3, online.