Bild von einem Bafög-Antrag, der ausgefüllt wird
Bild von einem Bafög-Antrag, der ausgefüllt wird

Student Financial Aid (BAföG) | German Federal Training Assistance Act

Lack of funding should not bar any student from getting a quality education. Regardless of your social and economic situation, you should have the opportunity to obtain the training and education that match your skills and interests.

If you need financial aid to help cover the cost of your studies at Europa-Universität Flensburg, you can apply for student financial aid (BAföG) through the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein.

Information and advice

If you apply for BAföG, student financial aid provided under the German Federal Training Assistance Act, you must do so through the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein. That association is also responsible for answering any questions you may have about BAföG:

The Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein and the Ministry for Education, Science and Cultural Affairs provide information about such BAföG:

The Studentenwerk has a branch office in the Telekom building off campus (Eckernförder Landstraße 65, Flensburg), where it provides advice on BAföG twice a week. You can also obtain information directly from the person responsible for you, or form the main office in Kiel (phone: 0431 881 60).

In addition, the student union (AStA) of Europa-Universität Flensburg provides advice relating to BAföG and social matters.


Students who receive financial aid in accordance with the German Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG) must demonstrate after a number of semesters that their studies are progressing in an appropriate manner in order to continue receiving support.

If you can demonstrate and submit proof of the fact that you have obtained the necessary credits (usually after completing 4 semesters (§48 BAföG), you will receive a certificate. This certificate is required in order to continue getting financial aid, in accordance with the German Federal Training Assistance Act. You can obtain this certificate from the following contact persons:

Students at the International Institute of Management and Economic Education

  • Please submit the application form to Ms. Karin Drenkow. You can also send Ms. Drenkow the form through campus internal mail (via the mailroom in the OSLO building).

Students of all other degree programs:

Please contact one of the following:

BAföG Application Forms